Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sprinkles of Delight

Just a lil something from my journal:

The outside looks different to me today. It is the look of potential...of change...of an altering state. The flock of grackles is back. They covered everything in their blackness. When they flew as one entity it was a black blanket, a blanket of blackness. I was captured by their united'ness, their together'ness. Watching them doesn't reveal who takes flight first - they all seem to move at once without provocation, together in the same direction...then they all together change direction. I wished I was as connected to others. Then I saw the lone groundhog scurrying through the landscape...hiding here, waiting there, being sure all is safe and well before moving again. My heart was delighted by the sight of this simple brown creature. She says, "Spring is HERE, even if we can't see much proof of its arrival." Groundhog disappeared into the woods...alone...going about her busy'ness. My attention returned to the gaggle of grackles. In their midst, a single hawk flew from one tree to another...alone...going about her busy'ness. I long to be as content, as secure in my solitude. And for a while, I am. For now, this is enough.

Sprinkle sized yummy'ness matters.

~Magick~
Melissa

5 comments:

  1. I have that longing for connection so often too, Sweet Melissa. I need my peeps around me to feel grounded, to feel like I have purpose. Time alone to revel in the yummy moments is great but I sure do love sharing them with someone even more. That's me !

    This was a lovely post !
    Been missing you !
    Sending squishy, yummy hugs with sprinkles on top !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a majestic sight that must have made, the blanket of grackles! I must confess, I did not know what they were...but I googled, and oh what lovely blackbirds! How wonderful to live somewhere where you've got all this nature around you. Solitude is wonderful and so is togetherness. I couldn't give up one for the other, I need them both. Funny how we can have some of both, but not at the same time.

    Here's to sprinkles of yumminess by the spoonfulls!! Hugs 'n Kisses ~ Serena

    ReplyDelete
  3. the other night a dark little waddling creature pitty pattered down my driveway..
    all along ..
    just out for a starlite stroll
    :)
    i love that!
    it maybe was a raccoon..
    not sure
    super wonderful though!

    yummy sprinkles of wonderness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popping in to add some sprinkles of "woodland yumminess" to your magical abode. I enjoyed reading your insightful journal post, you put my blobs and squiggles to shame! Did I mention that your art speaks to my Inner-Goddess? It does, and I'm sure those blahs will melt along right with the spring thaw. Happy-Spring-On-the-Way!

    ReplyDelete