Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Goals of sorts, of course

Hey Cutie-Pies! Hope you are having a beautiful bubbly day. I am cause I'm choosing it. (be gone bubble popping pins, you have no power here!!)

I've never made goals or resolutions at the start of the new year, but as 2009 approached, it just felt different than any other year. More full of ????? whatever. So, I began writing goals. As I went along, there were more and more, AND the way I wrote them changed. I decided to 'art' about them in my new journal. Here's a few:


You'll soon notice - They've all turned out to be #1. ;) Eh, why not? And they are very broad. I like that because it's very inclusive and I have lots of opportunities to be successful.




My #1 job this year is to create, Create, CREATE! I want to be dedicated to it - spend specific time, have a goal for the day (like today's goal was to take pictures of the pages I've completed and share them here - later, I've drawn a woman's figure, which I will make several copies of so that I can practice putting clothes on her until I figure out which I like best....then I'll go over to the 'real' painting and copy it on there....so much better than messing up the awesome work I've done so far).

I want to get up on the days when The "What's the point" Jerk is hanging around my neck and art anyway!! I've seen other artists talk about how dedicated they are: setting an alarm to get up early (I believe that was Miss V), even though they don't have to 'clock-in' per say OR working when they just don't feel like it. In the past, I would have slept on both occasions or watched TV...especially when previously mentioned Jerk is around.





My #1 pursuit in 2009 is to say YAY to the Day! in whatever way that is. Part of that is the previous goal of creating. Part is spending some time connecting with The Universe through

~ visualization (sometimes when I'm bothered or can't sleep, I take myself on a lil mental/visual journey - I will be sharing some of those this year *BTW, that's "Major Change #2*)

~ spiritual movement (see the picture of the woman I painted? She's doing yoga. Like I said on the page, I always mean to, I usually want to, but do I actually take the time out and do it? No. I WILL spend time doing some form of spiritual movement - yoga, tai chih chi, inten Sati - which is more a work-out video, but it is verbal intentions combined with movement....it's hot, I like it)

~ some form of ritual (I don't know what this will be yet - following the rhythms of the moon, ????? - I don't know, something)

This 'goal' is also blended with some others that I will post about later. Saying "YAY to the Day" is very complex easy-peasy....I know you know what I mean.


So there you have it.

What I'm YAY'ing today: getting back into 'watching' (more listening to as I clean up around here) "The Waltons" and "Little House on the Prairie". For some reason, those two shows always give me some umph to get stuff done. Plus, they're so cute and warm and cozy in their back-in-the-day'ness.

So, I'm off to YAY the rest of my DAY. You YAY too!

~Smoochie Poochies~
Melis

8 comments:

  1. Yay for you today! YaY for me too!!! I never have made a list either- maybe it's time??
    love your paintings- love that you are sharing your journal pages too. FUN and very inspiring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay yay yay

    smoochie poochies!
    love that
    love the new space
    love the journal
    your fabulous
    ~prairie grass & penny candy from the mercantile~
    maggie
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many blogs that I read have taken on this same kind of subject...guess it's the new year causing us to feel the need to goal set. I'm one who has followed suit and set my own goals...and they are much like yours. To be creative every single day...to change my attitude and allow each day to be a good one instead of the other way around. Yep, it's all in the attitude.
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this new blog of yours and viewing your wonderful journal pages :-)

    GREAT goals too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saying Yay to the universe and life is something that I am fully into right now, I love your journal pages and the books that you've created and shown on here - I've done a few previous mini books myself, sewing the pages into the cover with needle and thread - ouch! So I know, while it's fun, it takes work and skill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy - Great big gratitude to you, for you.

    Maggie - Mmmmm love that....~prairie grass & penny candy from the mercantile~ Aww, lil house warms my heart so! When I was a teenager, I would have never imagined myself being so adoring of that show. It's funny who we become when we aren't looking. ;)

    Barb - Those are great goals Sister and I'm not just saying that cause I have the same ones. ;) No, I really and truly and deeply believe those are the things that MAKE a life wonderful, amazing, fun.

    Ali - Abundant Appreciation and glitter your way!!!!! :)

    Cherry Girl - such a cute name. Thank you. I haven't ever gone the sewing route - I'm more the stew in glue kind of girl. (ha, I made me laugh) I would like to try it one day though.

    ~Huggy Wuggies to YOU~
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so amazing ! I am saying Yay to the day today (maybe a little quietly but Yay anyway !) but I forgot to yesterday and guess what, That JERK settled in all day big time, that MEANIE !!! (Worse than Nelly Olson on her worst day !!!). Phew... good thing is, Good Kimmy is back today - a littl beat up and bruised but she's back...

    You inspire me, crazy wonderful girl !
    Gentle Huggles cause that's all I got today...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim - We're both amazing! A quiet yay is good too. We both know that we CAN'T say YAY every moment of every day (but perhaps we can get away with YAYing the DAY over~all). Balance baby. Sometimes that JERK covers my mouth so I can't say YAY. I agree - MEANIE!!! Haha, Nellie Olson. I am very glad to hear that you're feeling better.

    "I'm one wild and crazy girl!!" That was my Saturday night live impression ;).

    ~I like gentle huggles~
    Melis

    ReplyDelete