Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Leonard, I'm sick"

That's a quote from a very funny show - "The Big Bang Theory" on right before my all time fav comedy show "How I Met Your Mother."

Anyways, yes I am sick. Just a lil cold that Hubby brought home from Massachusetts. Apparently it's a new strain that we never had before. Runny nose and watery eyes. The skin around my eye hurt so much last night I almost couldn't stand it. I feel much better today though. My immune system must be in tip-top shape with this home-body-life. I can kick a cold's butt in 24 hours! YAY IMMUNE SYSTEM!!!!

I've determined that being sick has some very very very very good points.

~ Excused lazy'ness - I'm excused from doing housework, including cleaning the litter boxes (if I want - but I have still been doing some stuff here and there). I can get anyone to do anything for me - "Can you get me tea...tissues...soup...orange juice...ice cream...medicine." :)

~ Naps galore!!!!! I can nap and nap and nap and no one will say a darn thing! YIPPEE!

~ Excused ugly'ness - At this point, my hair is so funky that I almost have a mohawk. :) It's kinda cool. But good thing I have a bandanna to cover it up. ;)

~ I can watch movie after movie after movie. Lucky thing we just got a 3 month free preview of HBO and Stars. We've been DVR'ing movies non-stop. Cool thing is that I don't have to wait to watch them with everyone else. No one would dare say "Why didn't you wait for us?" Cause I'm sick jack-butt and I have nothing else to do. :)

So there you have it. The benefits of being ill. Don't be too jealous of me though....be thankful for your health. :)

~Magick~
Melissa

7 comments:

  1. Can we pretend to be sick? Without the runny nose, and eye itchiness, it sounds like FUN!

    Glad you're feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo sweet Melis, stay warm and cozy and enjoy the down time ! Don't kick the cold too fast though - sounds like it could be the type that lasts....maybe a week ?(no that would be a vacation, not a cold I guess but who needs to know ???);-)

    anti-sniffles hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I could fake illness pretty well to get all those benefits!!! My problem is all the work would still be there after... ugh. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some good things!

    Feel better soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, get well soon, lovely lady! (I love the Big Bang Theory too). :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. you just talked about the only two shows on TV that I actually make time for. LOL

    feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete