Monday, January 5, 2009

New year, new blog, new magick

I've never done this before, but I certainly am brave enough to try it......

It all began with "Spirit Journeys Creative Workshop" over at Little Faerie Tales. The first project was to make a journal. I've made journals for years, so originally I planned on making just a regular journal, but winter themed. And then a shift inside me began somewhere before Christmas ~ and then Christmas arrived.......you know, Christmas provides all kinds of gifts spiritual, emotional, mental, material, but this is one gift I didn't expect.

What to do with this piece of cardboard from the new sheets T received? Hmmmmmm........



How about this?









Winter's Lady is my new profile piccy. :)





Here's the inside






That piece of cardboard was just begging to be turned into a beautiful piece of art! And now it'll be my Art Journal for 2009. I have written in journals since I was a teenager (that was over 20 years ago ;) , but it was almost always just words. I wanted to expand, GROW creatively in 2009, so this is a good way to begin.

I decided to do one side winter and the other summer because it's large enough to use all year. I didn't want to permanently attach the papers inside because 1) I may want to use it again next year and 2) it just makes it easier to 'art them up'. What I did was take three pieces of ribbon, glue them down, and cover it with a piece of fabric I painted, put some holes in the paper, and "poof" they're in there.

I also completed several pages, but I'm only going to share the first one today.


If anyone else would like to share their art journal pages of 2009, I'd be happy to post them here or link to your blog.

Oh ~ can't forget, it is Monday today.....so here's some music for you...... another of T's favorites that she turned me onto.



~May we all go "Into a place where thoughts can bloom"~
Melis

15 comments:

  1. Hello, Sweet Melis!!

    Great new space and gorgeous new journal you've created!

    Should I change your blog link or add this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your new home, Melis ! May it bring you lots of magickal joy !

    Welcome to the world of art journals too ! It is a great, great activity in self-discovery and expression - and also leads to lots of magick !!!

    Happy Monday - thanks for the dance !

    Arms sways...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was worried you were going away forever!!! It's such a wonderful idea that you started a new blog to reflect the transformational, fabulous you!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay YAY yay!!! beautiful new space melissa!!! it's fabulous to see your outer change to reflect your inner transformation!!! a brand new adventure for a new year!!! yipeeee!!!

    i love your new 2009 journal!!! so very colorful and FULL of magic!!! just like you!!! hee hee!!!

    peace and much love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page :)

    The journal is happy and magickal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Melis...I am so happy you dropped by and said hello at my blog...cause now I've found your blog, too, and I feel like we're long lost sisters. LOL Great journal beginnins...I can't wait to share in your journey!
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, one more thing...does Rowan only have one eye? If so, then we really ARE long lost sisters...my siamese, Simon, only has one eye (lost one to an infection after a cat fight a long while back). Now you have to tell me, is Rowan a one-eyed kitty...if so, this is eerie and MAJIKAL!!! lol
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  8. love LOVE L*O*V*E your new blog. it IS as MaGickal as i knew it would be. LOVE it! your journal is gorgeous. I am thrilled for you and may 2009 bring you much happiness, much success, and much peace!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new place! And your journal looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait to spend more time cozied up here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leah - Hey you - good to see ya! Thanks love. Yes, please change the link as this will be my only blog. Leaving the old one frozen in time. ;)

    Kim - Oh Queenie, glad to see you! Thanks for the blessings and the dance. Twirling, twirling....

    Jennlui - Are you sure it's magick I'm FULL of? :) Perhaps it's just chocolate milkshake. haha

    Rose - Happy to see you again. Hope you had fantastic holly days. No worries, blogging is WAY too much fun - wild horses couldn't stop me.

    Genie Sea - GREAT NAME! Thanks for popping in and for your wonderful comments.

    Barb - It's confirmed, we're long lost sistas. Rowan IS a one-eyed cat. I like to think of him as perpetually winking. He lost the eye also due to an infection (not from a fight though, I don't think) when he was a baby before I knew him. Aren't one-eyed cats fun? You can sneak up on the side of them cause they can't see you and scare them -heehee...but then you kiss them and it's okay. :) YAY! This is very magickal! One-eyed cats unite!!!!

    Sandy - Oh you're so sweet...I wish you all that and more, more, more. Go Indigo Goddess Sandy!!!!

    Barb (the other Barb) - Thanks for following the bread crumbs over here and for your art journal love. I'll be sure to follow the crumbs you left. ;)

    Robyn - YAY! Joyfull to see you. What a great comment "I can't wait to spend more time cozied up here!" Thanks my journal sista!

    ~Feelin purr-fect-ly fine in this '09~
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new blog - what a great start to 2009 - have fun with your new journal - has given me an idea for recyling some cardboard. Thanks for the comment on my blog too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, I was worried you had vanished! Nice to see you in your new creative space :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A rambling rose - Thank you. Anyone in this house knows not to throw away anything without checking with me first. You're very welcome. You've got a great blog.

    A cat of impossible colour - No worries. Anytime I "poof" I always re-appear. Nice to see you here.

    ~Magick~
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY! We are sisters...I just KNEW it! And I do the sneaky thing on Simon, too...drives him batty but then he lets me love on him to make it up. lol
    I'm so glad I found you! I love new friends and I feel like we already know each other.
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete