Friday, March 6, 2009

C and C? No, B and B.

Hi.

You know the saying, "Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water." (I think that's it. And I don't know who said it, but I'm sure one of ya'll do, and then I'll go, "Oh yeah, so and so said it :).

Well, Hubby is more the 'chopper of wood, carrier of water.' So, what does that make me?????

Got thinking about how there really are two basic 'jobs' to life:

You either get the food, warmth

OR

You maintain the food, warmth.

He's the getter, I am the maintainer. Both 'jobs' are worthy, valid, spiritual, blessed, cursed. Sometimes there is a blending of the 'jobs' - it isn't always one or the other, sometimes it's both. But here, in this, it's mainly the same (on the plain, in the rain).

So, I worked it out. This is what I am doing, "Before, during, and after enlightenment, build fire, boil water."

Ah, I like that.

Enjoy you.

~Magick~
Melissa

4 comments:

  1. You rock. I love deep thoughts like this...and you've really struck home for me with this one. Thanks!
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo i like..
    my guy is build fire.. carry water & since top chef a boil water guy!!

    me the family alpha dog to the animals that adopted me :)

    yes my quote was better off dead!
    your good..
    the quote master melissa!

    ~ maggie ~

    ReplyDelete