Monday, March 9, 2009

Interview

The following is an interview of me done by Sydney. She has several fantastic blogs like Looky Here and Adventures in Nature.



1. I am very interested in how you came to the path of changing your thoughts. It may be a long and winding one, but can you remember how the first seeds got started and what you did to grow them to where you are today with it all? You are VERY good at affirmative thinking/writing/creating!

My initial answer is that I was conceived/born. I lived. That’s how I got to who I am today. A more in-depth answer is: I am a thinker. I first noticed that I was different than other people when I was a teenager. I felt different anyway (most of us do though, I think). I thought deeply about me, my life, whatever was ‘going on’, how I felt - as I grew I went deeper. I started reading Leo Buscaglia and read my way to others and more others still. I kept thinking, feeling, digging. (I think I touch a little on this subject in my answer to #4)

Probably very similar to what you and many others have done and are doing.



2. Does your husband work out of the house so you have time to yourself to create in the day or do you work and have to work art and blogging time around that schedule?

Yes, Hubby works outside of the home during the day, so I do have time to art/whatever. "Build fire, boil water."


3. I am loving your kitty palace... would you ever add a dog, bird, lizard, etc? Also, have you always had pets? And were they always cats?

I probably would never own a bird, lizard type animal. Honestly, most of these cats came to me and I decided to love them. If birds or lizards had shown up, maybe I’d have them. (No, please no more animals, love em, but have enough.) I do like cats best though. Dogs are cute and fun. The neighbor has dogs, I talk to them, wave to them when I see them across the yards. I was born into a family with a wonderful dog named Samba. But I haven't owned a dog since. Like I said, it’s always been cats who showed up. Only three of the cats we have were initiated by us - that’s Binx (as company for Rowan), and Wentz and Mooka (cause we wanted a kitten and they had a 2 for 1 deal at the Humane League :) We’re loveable suckers.




4. As a fellow lifelong journaler, I am wondering how you got started keeping journals and when you feel you really kept them with commitment. You mentioned you started at age 10, which is when I started full on, though I have some (with my baby handwriting) from age 7...
Also, did you ever read Harriet the Spy? That's what made me start in earnest and I've never stopped!



I dabbled in keeping a journal for many years, it was sporadic, times I did it like crazy, times I didn’t at all. It’s still like that. I had a journal from August until the end of February. There are many jumps in time where I didn’t write - then there is a month of writing, writing, writing. I just finished that journal and am currently almost half through a new one. I might finish it by the middle of March. Or I might not. I do know that I am more committed to writing ‘me’ down than I used to be.


My writing used to be mainly what was going on (probably about some guy being a jerk or something highly important - haha) and now it’s about what’s going on, but more who I am and how I feel about what’s going on or trying to figure out something I’m doing or feeling. That’s what really keeps me committed to writing me down. I’ve grown and learned so much and am more joyfull now because of it.


I’ve never read Harriet the spy, but it might be a good book to read laying in the swing in the summer air. :) Sounds yummy.

5. Do you travel much? Whether you do or not, what/where do you think your next vacation will be?

No, I wouldn’t say I travel a lot. I have been to various parts of Pennsylvania, Delaware (Dela-where?), New Jersey, Maryland. Where I have lived in PA is so close to the others. I’ve also gone to Florida (many times), Las Vegas (which I didn’t care for), San Diego and Hollywood, CA, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (which has been our usual vacation spot for 4 years), New York City, Washington, DC.


As far as vacation this year, this will be the first year in many years that we aren’t going away somewhere. Kinda sad, but kinda good too. It’s a lil $, a lot cats, and for now more restful to stay home. We’re planning on doing some fun things here though. We’ve talked hot air balloon ride??????? And we’re buying ourselves some treats with part of the vacation $. Perhaps an Ipod for the teenager??????

6. It's supposed to be five but can ask another can't I? If you could have a dinner party and invite whomever you wanted... say, up to a dozen people... who would be at your table?

I love this question cause it made me realize something cool about me. The first answer I came up with was: Hubby Stu and Daughter Tristan. Then I remembered how much fun it is having Tristan’s friend Nicole with us on vacation. So, if I could have a dinner party and invite whomever I wanted....it would be Stu, Tristan, and Nicole. They are a riot!


Now, the dreamy answer is more like this:
My bestest friend Dee
SARK
Jodie Foster
Goldie Hawn
Jim Morrison
Janis Joplin
M Night Shyamalan
My friend Dena from high school who died
Leo Buscaglia
Alanis Morissette
Stevie Nicks
John Lennon

If you'd like to be interviewed by me: Here's the instructions:


1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions and a link to my blog.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


Thank you for the interview Sydney and for your patience!

~Magickal'ness~
Melissa

8 comments:

  1. I always love to learn more about you, Melissa! I enjoyed this interview so much, so yeah... interview me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kewl interview, Melis ! What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall at your dinner party !;-)

    Happy Monday !
    ~flowery bright spring (some day ???)like hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I loved reading this! It was very magickal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Beautiful Girl !
    I tagged you in a game of Photo tag on my blog today !

    You can check it out here :
    http://queen-of-arts.blogspot.com/2009/03/got-tagged.html

    I hope you will play along !
    Spring fever giggles and melting snow trickles !
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed reading this! Quite a few on your dinner guests list are same as people I'd invite to mine. Thanks for your wonderful compliments on my tags! I've missed visiting you. I've been basically hibernating all these last couple of months. I think I'm finally snapping out of the winter doldrums, though. Happy Magickal 1st day of Spring!!! Love, Serena

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! And what wonderful things I learned about you here!
    Peace & Love,
    ♥ Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I am coming here for the third time to comment. I posted one (I thought) the day you wrote to tell me it was up and I don't see it here so it must have gotten lost in Cyber space. And yesterday I wrote something just like that, hit publish, and clicked away from the page to race toward something else I should be doing -- like my HOMEWORK that's due-- and saw in that last flash before it appeared that the word verification didn't clear. And signing on today I see... no comment from me! I will be SURE this one will get on here. I just wanted to let you know I loved reading this... I want to come to your dinner party! And I have switched back and forth between the two things you mentioned writing about in your journals STILL (no evolution for me I guess). Let us know how STAY cation goes too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY Sydney! Your comment made it! Computers....

    You are definitely invited to the dinner party. :)

    ~Magick~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete